Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Welcome to the 6th anniversary of my 25th b-day. It's a weeknight this year, and Dan had to travel out of town for work. After baking a cake and having some supper, the dog and I settled down into our evening. Having time on my hands, I decided to take a bath. While filling the tub, I noticed some weird feelings in my abdominal area, but didn't really think much of it....I had just had a spicy supper, after all. As I soaked in the bath, I started thinking about how the books I've been reading and the doctor are always telling me where my uterus should be at each stage of development. Cognitively, I knew what this meant, but never really made the connection physically. I decided that I needed to figure it out! I started feeling for the hard "grapefruit" that was supposedly in my abdominal area at this time....and what do you know! There, indeed, was a rock hard lump there. Interesting! I started to apply gentle pressure to it just to see what else I could find out.....and *THUMP*! My hand moved outward seemingly on it's own. This was the beginning of me being able to associate some of the weird thumps, swirls and swishes with some of Peanut's pre-natal activities. Peanut let me know that even though Dan was away for the night, I wasn't alone.

0 comments: