It seems there's never a dull week in Isabelle's world! It's so amazing to watch her learn and grow! Over the last week and a half or so we've had a little cold, but she seems to be pretty much her good natured self, which is making us wonder if a tooth may be on the way. Those gums are still pretty and pink yet, although she loves chewing on anything she can get her hands on....and that includes mom's arm! If anyone ever told me that I would willing let another person slobber and gum all over my arm before I had Isabelle, I would have told them they were crazy!
She continues to do well with solids. I am impressed that she seems to be more of a vegetables girl than a fruit girl so far. Carrots are her favorite....which reminds me...I have GOT to find some plastic-backed bibs somewhere! OY!
Other achievements, besides making mom and dad's days better when we have bad ones at work, include rolling from back to tummy BOTH directions now, not just to the left, being TOTALLY in love with her feet, sucking on her big toe, and now since being on her tummy isn't so bad anymore, she's realized that she can scoot......backwards. True, it's only a half inch or an inch at a time, and she can't see where she's going...but if left to her own devices she can get off the 'landing area' that you make for her in any room. A friend of Dan's told him once his son started scooting, that he started crawling a few weeks later....!! Good heavens! I'm not ready for THAT yet!
One other thing, she's given herself her very first bruise on the noggin. It was very small, but it injured her pride none the less. It was after bath time and we were finished and all dressed. Deciding to be smart, she rolled to her belly to get a closer look at the counter (with my hands making sure she wasn't going to roll off)....and BONK she put her head down quickly on the counter as she does when she's on the floor in the living room. NOT a good idea. I think it surprised her more than anything, and I don't think she appreciated that mom was chuckling.
Here are some pictures from the week:
Izzy outside in her swing, she's finally big enough to enjoy it! I think she SO looks like Daddy in this picture! What a cutie!

0 comments:
Post a Comment