Thursday, January 22, 2009

Stomach Ick

I apologize for the lack of pictures in this post and the last. Since Sunday, our household has been battling through a stomach bug. It started with me on Sunday night with throwing up. Now that it's Thursday and I'm finally starting to feel better, Dan seems to be in the middle of it. Isabelle seems to be spared from many of the bug's symptoms for the most part, but we know that she's still sick with us. I am thankful that she hasn't had the pukes, but she's been more solemn than usual. I will also have to admit both me and I assume the sitter are growing weary of cleaning up the poop that ends up all the way up her back EVERY time she goes.

Vocal talents continue to grow. Last weekend she was saying what sounded like "go, go, go!" so we were trying to coach her to say 'go, go, go, Steelers' since cheering for the Packers isn't an option. We didn't get that far....go go go was all she knew for a couple of days. Today, however we're onto something that sounds like a hard "K," so I'm sure that will be the sound of the weekend.

Before this whole stomach bug business, Isabelle had her first grown up supper with us. I made tater tot casserole one evening for supper, and everything in it Isabelle has already had in one form or another, so we figured why not? She really seemed to enjoy being able to feed herself the whole meal.

The last thing I can think of before I sign off is that Isabelle is really starting to understand things. If I ask her where Magnum is, she will look for him. When she finds him she grins. She is starting to do the same thing with Daddy. She knows 'no' and 'up' and to 'come here' or 'come with me.' She's starting to know what it means to 'sit' because she's told over and over in her bath that's what she's got to do. When I'm dressing and undressing her, she's starting to help out too. When I tell her 'one arm' she'll either bend her arm out of the shirt/onsie if we're undressing, or straighten out her arm if we're putting the shirt on.

I hope everyone is well, and I'll be back with some pictures as soon as I can.

0 comments: