This last weekend Dan, Izzy and I got together with some friends and rode a 27 mile trail in Des Moines, IA. Not only was it awesome to see quite a few of our old friends again, but the experience of the ride itself was great! Honestly, I wasn't sure how I would do over that distance. I admit that it was tiring, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Izzy was a pretty good sport about the whole trip. It was a LONG trip to IA on Friday...about 8 hrs worth. By the time we arrived in Ankeny we were ALL ready to get out of the car. On the ride, she did pretty well too....sleeping quite a bit and taking in the sights the rest of the time. There were portions of whining, of course, but that is to be expected when someone her age is restrained over a period of time. She seems to be saying 'I've got no stinking time for this, let me out!'
The Sponge Bob MagnaDoodle says it all...and yes, she had help writing this...Finish line was El Bait Shop in downtown Des Moines.
Group finish shot. Note we are all looking a bit more subdued here. We've just finished 27 miles on the hottest day of the summer....and now we're having a beer! (minors excluded)

0 comments:
Post a Comment