Thursday, October 15, 2009

18 Months Already!

Where has the time gone? The summer? The fall? Has time always moved this fast? I could get into a philosophical conversation about how a person's perspective changes with the birth of their first child and subsequent children and blah blah blah....but I won't. Chances are, if you're here you're curious about Izzy and not the philosophical ramblings of her mother.

Again, it's been awhile since I've posted here. Life has been hectic at best these last couple months for a myriad of reasons. Nothing negative, just...well, the best way to put it is it's just life.

Izzy is now a full blown toddler and a joy at the same time. I know that sounds like somewhat of an oxymoron, but it's really the truth. I've never known one single person (and be it a small person at that) who could so warm me with a smile, hug or kiss... a minute later have me rolling on the floor with laughter... and then another few minutes later have me so irritated and frustrated that I could scream. Living with a toddler is certainly an adventure...and it's one we try to live with gusto!

Isabelle is quite the talker now and mimics anything you say (and do). I now more closely watch what I say and how I say it. If she can't quite say what you're saying, she will at least master the tone almost perfectly. Among her newer words are 'Cheerio' 'diaper' 'backpack' (we love Dora), and 'purple' among many others. Everything is now also "MINE!" when she wants you to hand it to her or she doesn't want to give it up. This isn't too bad yet...but I have a good idea what's coming.

She continues to be a wonderful helper, even if her help does set a person backwards a few steps. I just look at it as she's trying to help, so I'm going to let her! It won't be too long where she probably won't WANT to help. She helps me put trash bags in the empty cans on trash day, put laundry (and many other things now that she can open the door herself) down the laundry chute, she will hand me each dish from the dishwasher to put away....one dish at a time, and she will even help pick up her toys if I remember to ask her before bedtime.

Within the last couple of days, she's taken to carrying around her nighttime friend the cow and a blanket. This started yesterday....and I'm not really sure where it came from or why. I'm assuming it's just another phase and it's pretty cute to see her towing a sippie, a big blanket and her cow around with her....they're like her entourage.

She continues to surprise me almost daily!

Some recent pictures:

Izzy, Mags and I were picking up sticks after a windy storm in the yard. My little helper was right in the mix of it!

Izzy and Magnum seemed to have an affinity for the same stick at one point. Here Izzy is trying to talk Magnum into a different (smaller and therefore inferior) stick so she could have the one she wanted. As you can see, Magnum at this point is not interested in negotiation.

Enjoying some of the afternoon sunlight in the swing...

I swear these two just can't STAND to leave each other alone!

A girl and her shoes.

SOMEONE has been playing cards. I would have thought it was a gremlin...except for the tell tale drool calling card left on the chair.

Pondering the meaning of life over a grilled cheese. The picture really doesn't do the expression she was wearing at this point justice. She was thinking SO hard about something that must have been important!

0 comments: