Today was my first visit with my OB, and ultimately the person that will help me deliver this baby (what a strange idea that still is to me!). She has been my GYN ever since moving to Wisconsin, and is a wonderful doctor. No matter how busy or behind she is, she takes the time to answer any questions or address any concerns that I might have and tells me what I can expect in future visits as well as some of the things I will experience as the pregnancy starts to develop. She is a certified nurse-midwife, and there's no one else I'd rather have help me deliver, despite some of the misgivings from family of not having a "real" doctor. I will be in a hospital setting for delivery, and if I should need a C-section, she will assist a doctor in the procedure so she will be there the whole way. I will be just as well if not better cared for with someone like this there to listen and to help ME listen to my body when this gets stressful. Don't worry, we will have plenty of questions as we go along, and will ask all the wonderful friends and family that have such a wealth of successful knowlede at their disposal. If there's one thing that I've seen from both of my families and friends, it's that there are many roads to having a successful and happy family!
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment