Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Welcome to Trimester #3

The 28th week of Peanut's existance begins today. This means that we're entering the last 1/3 of this whole in-body experience.....thank goodness. I don't believe I will ever be one of those women that coo and wax nostalgic about pregnancy. I have been extremely, extremely fortunate in this pregnancy thus far in that I have not had many of the regular side effects that go with the package...I've never gotten sick, no swelling (yet), not too many weird aches and pains, not really too many cravings (at least none I wouldn't have pre-baby), and I can still get to my shoes fairly easily (a skill that I am told will become more of a challenge in the coming weeks). I am very thankful for this. I know things could be so much worse and there could be an entire scad of complications. I believe, however, I am just about ready to be alone in my own body again. Not that I don't already love the pants off Peanut (which is amazing in an of itself to love someone so much that you've never even met), it's more that each of us is our own person and needs to occupy their own space. This might have something to do with the 3 to 5 and then 7 to 9 am kickboxing classes (among other things) that Peanut seems to enjoy doing to me.

There is one of my normal routines that it was time for tonight that I ALMOST couldn't do....and that freaked me out a little. So, now I guess begins the real fun...new logistics for otherwise mundane, routine tasks.

So, I've been told several view points by several people on taking belly pictures. Some say I'll regret not having any, some say I won't miss them. What the heck, might as well try one when things aren't too out of control, right? Against my better judgement, I'm including one taken tonight at the beginning of Tri-3. Here I am 27 weeks pregnant. Peanut is a little over 15 inches long and weighs just over 2 lbs at this point. No wonder I can feel him/her stretching out!

0 comments: