Friday, June 20, 2008

I'd forgotten....

what it feels like to sleep for 8 hours. Wednesday night Dan put Isabelle to bed at 9:45 or so after a nice big bottle. I figured that one of us would be seeing her once in the normal 2-4 am window. However, the next thing I knew my alarm was ringing at 6 am. My eyes popped open...I turned to Dan and asked him if he'd gotten up with her...he shook his head. Instant dread. What is it about the first time they sleep through the night? I crept into her room fearing what I would find. I found Isabelle squirming as she usually does before she wakes up! When she finally did wake up about 10 minutes later...she was HUNGRY! So, we were thankful but weren't really thinking she'd do that again for awhile. However, last night..Thursday night, Isabelle again went down at 9:45 or so....and woke this morning at 5:45! I've never been so happy to get up that early in my life. I haven't gotten an 8 hour stretch of sleep since my second trimester! If this keeps up, maybe Dan and I can start to relinquish the half-zombie state that all new parents adopt for a time.

1 comments:

Jen said...

This is AWESOME!!! Isn't sleep a great thing!!! Hope this continues for you. Hope to see you all again soon.
Later, Jen