Sunday, July 6, 2008

3 Months Already

Hi everyone, it's been a little while since I've posted here. It's crazy how quickly time can fly by sometimes. Isabelle will be 3 months old tomorrow, July 7th. I look back at pictures of her when she was born and can't believe the changes already. She continues to do new things. This last week we've noticed that she grabs at things with her hands and promptly moves them towards her mouth. Sometimes she gets them close, others....well, she's still working on it. She mostly grabs at her clothing or blankets or her burp rag. The other day in an attempt to keep her happy in the grocery store, I gave her one of her toys from the car seat handle. She gripped it with both hands and brought it to her face...watching it the whole time and promptly going cross-eyed. She's a silly goose.

We are thinking that she may be in the midst of another growth spurt. After 3.5 weeks of sleeping through the night (yay!) she's decided that she needs to get up once a night again...anywhere between 3 and 5 to eat. She doesn't want to play, she'll eat and go right back down. So other than a growth spurt, we're not sure what could be causing it. From what I read, there's a growth spurt sometime between 3 and 4 months where babies who were sleeping through the night will quit for a couple of weeks. Here's hoping we're half way through that. Just when we thought we were getting a nice, predictable schedule down....blamo. That will teach us to be complacent, eh?

Here are a couple of pics from this last week. Three month pictures are coming hopefully...I have her dressed for them today, but Mz. Thang has seemingly used up all her good mood so far today on church, and is currently snoozing.

Izzy working her kick bouncer. Look ma! I can make it go!!

Here's Isabelle playing with Dad. She loves playtime with Daddy! He's teaching her the different parts of her face. Ears.....Nose.....SMILE! She knows her part in the game, and lights up on cue.

0 comments: