Happy Easter everyone!
Since figuring out that she could walk, Isabelle has been busier than ever, as I've heard would be the case.
There have been so many things happening with her this week, I will try to remember them all.
- Izzy has been developing the emotion of frustration. She will try to do something that she just thinks that she SHOULD be able to do with no problem, but having the normal coordination of a 12 month old...that's not always the case. She will then wave her hands in frustration, do what I call a 'baby curse,' throw whatever she's holding down, and SOMETIMES she will set her cheeks in her hands and squeeze. It's quite a sight. Sometimes it's a little scary to see some of your mannerisms looking back at you in smaller form.
- She is wild about her shoes. She has a pair of red dress shoes, that she inherited from our sitter. I was going to give them away because I didn't think I would ever put these particular shoes on her. Well, I soon found out that I'd better not. She's rather attached to these shoes, but not to wearing them. She'll carry one or both of them around with her as she toddles around the house. The other day as we were sitting down for a snack, she had her sippy cup in one hand, a red shoe in the other, and no hands left to pick up her cheerios. Her solution? To lean over her high chair tray and pick up her cereal with her tongue. I couldn't believe it when I saw her doing this! Problem solving at it's most fundamental!
- She's been a bit crabby lately....she's working on tooth #8.
- We've been reducing the formula in favor of milk. At current 'press time' we're down to only having formula in the one remaining bottle that we drink at bedtime. The bottles that used to be at 10 and 2 are now water or juice with snacks. She's starting to eat more and more like a little person! She LOVES pizza, pasta, ham, fruit, veggies, cheese, and lots more. She does NOT care for tater tot casserole or hamburger at this point.
- With the weather being a little warmer, we've been getting the bicycles out. Aunt Linda was nice enough to let us use her bike trailer for little tots like Isabelle. So we've been going on bicycle rides. Izzy loves it! She talks non-stop when riding in the trailer. On Sunday we took her to the dam in town and showed her the running water
- On Saturday we took a bicycle ride to the park that we have nearby. We put Izzy in the swings, which we already knew she loved. From there we rode the dinosaur, which she seemed non-plussed with. From there, though, we moved to the slides. Ooooh boy....did she LOVE the slides. Even the ones that were a little taller, Dad would sit her about at the top or part of the way up and let her slide. This caused BIG grins! It looks like we'll be making many more trips to the park as time goes on.
- Izzy did pretty well at Easter mass. There were some rough parts, but all in all she was pretty patient. From time to time, she would point at the people in the standing room along the pews. There was one gentleman that would point back to her. As his finger would get close to hers, she would quickly pull back and hide against Dad's shoulder. As soon as the gentleman would put down his hand, she would extend hers again, much to the delight of the other pointer and the people standing behind us.
- Later last week, while Izzy was in the bath, mom decided to trim her bangs away from her face so she wouldn't be bothered by those long strands hanging in her eyes. Unfortunately, mom forgot that hair shortens when it dries, and since she rarely holds still....well, her trimmed bangs looked more like a hack job than a trim. While I was out on a business trip today, dad took Izzy for her first real haircut, which was basically a fix of what I did, plus an evening up of everywhere else.
Isn't my dress pretty?

0 comments:
Post a Comment