Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Been Awhile...

It's been awhile since I've gotten around to posting anything, so it's about time for an update!

Izzy continues to grow and change. At her year appointment she weighed in at 22.5 lbs and is 2.5' tall. She's slowed down growing a bit, as is normal for her age. She's now in roughly the 70 to 75th percentile for both height and weight. The doc says she looks great, is healthy and happy, and also assured me that the minor head traumas that she's been inflicting on herself since learning to walk are perfectly normal. He also commented during the check-up how strong she is (as he usually does during our checks). For some reason that makes me chuckle when a full grown man says that about a 1 year old girl (and younger in our previous visits).

Izzy continues to love other kids and going to the sitter. She has some pretty good buddies there to follow around and learn things from. There's also a little guy and gal there younger that she's been teaching. It's interesting to hear about.

She still LOVES playing with shoes, and recently she has begin to LOVE playing on and around and climbing up the couches too. Who says girls don't like to climb? She climbs where ever she can on whatever or whomever will allow it. (Poor Magnum - but he gets his rewards in dropped food at suppertime.) Speaking of Magnum...remember how Izzy learned to 'give me a kiss' awhile ago? Now she shows her love for Magnum too, which, I'm glad that they love each other so much...but still.

She's also starting to take a fairly keen interest in what mom or dad is doing at any point in time, which she always has, but now she really wants to participate. Whenever I'm putting in a headband she has to take the other one and try to get it on. Most of the time it ends up hanging around her neck like a towel, but she's SO proud that she got it on herself. Mom will help her put it in the right place, then we declare her 'pretty!' She smiles sweetly and then rips it out to hang it around her neck again. Whatever works, right?

Getting ready for trash day Monday night this week, Izzy wanted to do her part too. As I was emptying the smaller trash cans and collecting the little bags in the hallway to carry out, Isabelle just HAD to carry one for me and walk with me. She would have it no other way! It seems to me that she's a little young to want to be such a helper, but I'll take it anyway.

She also loves playing outside, which is no surprise since both of her parents are the same way.

I believe that she is working on her 1 year molars as well. She's been pretty crabby and clingy for the past couple of days and isn't sick (at least so far...*knocks on wood*) One day this week after work, she didn't even TOUCH her toys and wasn't happy unless I had her picked up, or she was in my lap. That was a long night, but sine she's working on teeth, at least there is a reason for her change in behavior. Thank goodness for Motrin!

Last week, Izzy started saying 'mama'! FINALLY! I'm convinced that if she could say just a few things that a lot of the whining would go away. She gets SO frustrated with things she can't quite do yet. So, I'm trying to teach her to say 'more, please' when she wants more instead of using the dreaded whine. Even if she just gets out 'mo pe' or something similar, at least it's giving her a tool to use instead of the whining.

It seems like she does so many new things all the time, it's hard to keep up.

Here are some recent shots. She's changed a lot, since even Easter, hasn't she?


I climbed up here all by myself!
I climbed up here all by myself, AND I'm conducting my very own orchestra (note the fast fingers...)
Where's Waldo?
Dad gets a smile before taking Izzy to the sitter. (And sends it to Mom who's already at work, and it makes her morning.)Mom, are you taking a picture again?
Who says girls don't climb???
Izzy giddy from climbing around. So much energy!

0 comments: