Isabelle, that's who. Sunday night marked the last bottle at the Sperfslage household. We will never again put a sleepy, snuggly Isabelle to bed after just finishing a big satisfying bottle. I will sorely miss that, it was my favorite part of the day. What I won't miss is the cost of the formula every week, to the tune of an average of $100 per month or washing out a sink full of bottles nightly. Whole milk is much more reasonable!
And I thought we were done with teeth for awhile until the incisors would rear their heads at 18 months....NOPE! her one year molars are working their way in, and boy oh boy, those feel like they're BIG teeth comparatively! Her top two are almost through. She's sporting some tender fingers from gnawing on her hands so much. I wish I could take the pain for her, but she's been showing that she's a tough cookie when she wants to be.
It seems like she's working on her climbing and communication skills now, and of course practicing walking everywhere. She understands so much more than I think she does, if I just slow down and watch her and listen, sometimes I can get a good idea of what she wants, what she's talking about, or what's frustrating her.
Her love of shoes is still strong. This morning she brought 2 shoes (mis-matched, mind you) to Dan as he was getting ready. He had to 'try on' each shoe and tell her they were too small before she would accept that she couldn't share her shoes with him.
She's been learning lately to give us things. She's been picking up EVERYTHING and bringing it to either Dan or me lately. I don't know where this came from, but she thinks she's incredibly helpful, whether she's giving you one of her Cheerio's, one of her toys, or one of her 'rock treasures' from outside. If you ask her if you 'can have this, please.' Most of the time she will choose to let you have it, which is much better than trying to take it and creating a power struggle/confrontation. Hopefully this will carry through, but I know that the older toddler years are coming.
In holding true to her independant streak, she now tries to do many things for herself...brushing her hair, brushing her teeth, taking off her clothes at bath time, etc, etc. When we're out on the deck, she will help mom blow bubbles for Magnum to chase. She doesn't quite know how to blow them herself yet....so she will take the wand, dip it in the bubbles and hold it up (VERY BRIEFLY) for mom to blow on it, then proceed to dip the wand again. I have a hard time catching the wand to blow bubbles between her dips, but she takes her duty very seriously!
Recent pics of the growing girl:
Thursday, May 7, 2009
No More Bottles, No More Formula, and 1st Year Molars....Who's Growing Up?
Izzy hamming it up outside
Posted by Tandi at 2:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment