It's been quite a weekend here. Lots of new learning and stuff going on. I finally bought an outdoor toy from a friend having a rummage so Izzy has at least one safe(er) place to climb. She loves it! On Saturday we woke up, Izzy had a head full of congestion and eyes full to boot. We were a little concerned so we took her to walk-in on Saturday....doc said it was just a virus, but she's been a grumpy, teething bear all weekend. However, I peeked in her mouth today and both 1 year molars on top are through, so those 2 shouldn't be bothering her as much anymore.
Isabelle continues to climb everything in sight....this includes Magnum and Dan or I if it's convenient. This has invariably lead to a few bumps on the head, the most recent happening this afternoon when she stumbled on the steps outside....concrete...ouch! She doesn't seem to mind too much though, and just keeps right on going after she gets a hug.
We all went out for lunch on Saturday. Three big things happened there....for one, Izzy started to want the ENTIRE half of her grilled cheese sandwich and take bites rather than eat the cut up pieces. This has gotten more prevalent since then....anything that I can give her whole, she prefers it so she can take bites. However, I have to be vigilant with watching her with big pieces, or she will end up with half a piece of bread jammed in her cheek (or something similar). The second thing was that she learned to drink from a straw. After she figured out how to do that, she simply couldn't get enough of Daddy's lemonade. Thirdly, as we sat down at the table, she pointed at the light hanging over the table and said "light." Both Dan and I heard it....and I believe both of our jaws dropped. Now that I think about it, though, Izzy had been pointing at the lights here and other places, and I've been telling her "light."
Izzy continues to learn and say new things. Newer things to her speech list include; more or 'mo,' MaMa or mom, dog or 'daw,' and ball or 'baw' (I credit this to the big purple ball that we've been so thrilled with since the last post). She understands so more and it grows all the time. She knows what it means to take a drink, sit down, stand up, put on shoes (which she's recently tried doing herself), give a kiss, wave bye bye (but she's stubborn with this one), among others that I can't think of at the moment.
Another cool thing that she learned this weekend while having breakfast yesterday...she learned how to hold, load, and eat off of a fork. She was thrilled with this new skill! It even helped her eat more lunch when she was convinced she was done and hadn't eaten much... (Mom and Dad are so sneaky...)
And today, despite all the grumpiness....we took a walk and then came back and played with the blocks. Usually, mom would build the towers and it was Izzy's job to knock them down. Now, however, she's gained the skill to build towers herself. I watched her build 2 block, 3 block and in one case a 4 block tower! She tried for 5, but it all came tumbling down. Could this mean that sooner than I think I'll have a lego partner? Maybe!
She still loves to take everything OUT of everywhere, but now...sometimes she will put back IN as well. In the routine tornado route that she takes through her room, she emptied all of the contents out of her bath basket onto the floor among the legos and shoes she was playing with as I was stocking diapers as wipes. What was different about this time, is that she picked up all of the items for the bath basked ONLY and put them back in the basket. Just to give her a little crap, I tossed one of her big legos into the bath basket.....it took her a second, but she gave me a look and somehting that sounded like 'hey!' (another new development...the beginning of sass) and took the item that did not belong out of the basket.
Here are some pictures from this week. I haven't had the camera next to me at all when taking these, so they are off my phone. I can never seem to remember to have the camera with me, but then again, Izzy is no longer immobile and we spend far less time in the living room than we used to.
I don't think she likes it...do you?
Here's Izzy stopping to smell the flowers today. It was a struggle to not pull the flower out and eat it...but we finally figured out that they're to be treated gently.



0 comments:
Post a Comment