Sunday, May 17, 2009

These boots are made for walkin....

Izzy and her shoes! Sometimes, not just any shoes will do....they have to be RED shoes. She spied a pair of "Dorothy" shoes that I had stowed in the closet for her when she grew into them (which will be soon, I might add). Since she saw those red sparkles, no other shoe will do for playing in the house....those are usually nearby.

I swear she's getting taller. Things on the edge of the kitchen counter are no longer safe. She's ALMOST able to get up on the couches herself as well. Today, watching Dad grill outside, she reached for the door handle and started pulling on it. Soon, soon she will become much more dangerous! LOL. She is already EVERYWHERE.

She was my little buddy this weekend, "helping" me out with EVERYTHING that I was doing with the house. Most of the time she had to be BETWEEN me and whatever I was working on so she didn't miss anything. Needless to say, that got interesting for some of the tasks I was trying to accomplish....like cleaning the toilet! Her teeth must have stopped their movement for the weekend or something because she was in the BEST mood all weekend. It's periods of time like this where you understand why people have lots of kids!

Isabelle is turning into a regular goof ball, with a great sense of humor. Her giggle is infectious (at least to mom and dad) and she has this sort of a-HA chuckle when she figures something out....it's hilarious.

I've also noticed that she says a LOT more than I originally thought she did, it was my interpretation and listening skills that needed the honing. She seems to be eager to learn more all the time as well.

Today, Izzy and I were doing the grocery shopping. She had been such a good, happy and helpful girl all weekend that when we came across a large bin of inflated bouncy balls near the end of the store, and she looked at them with wonder... I caved. I bounced out a big purple one and handed it to her. The look on her face said that I had just given her the equivalent of a million dollars! I spent the last 1/3 of the shopping trip talking to a big purple bouncy ball instead of Isabelle because she didn't want to let it go and the ball obscured the view of her upper half entirely. I warned her to keep talking to me so I knew she was still there. She obliged with her favorite phrase of the week... "Dawdle, dawdle, dawdle, dawdle..." After we got home, we spend a good while playing with the ball....inside, outside, showing it to Daddy, and Magnum (who wanted to share it SO badly...ha ha). Dad showed her how to bounce it much to her amusement, Mom showed her how to roll it back and forth between 2 people....what fun can be had with a $3 ball!

Izzy and I having fun watching dad-dee take the boat out for a test run
The red shoes...Walking tall in the sparklies....
Yep! We like 'em!Here's Izzy trying to make a fast escape before bed this evening...

0 comments: