This weekend, Dan was an usher in a friend's wedding. This meant that Izzy and I had a reason to dress up and head out! We didn't want to look like slobs next to Dad-dee in his new black suit! Now that I'm thinking of it, we should have had the photographer take our family picture while we were dressed up, but now is a heck of a time to think of it! :P~
Anyway, Izzy and I got ready and headed to the gardens to meet Dan at the wedding. It was very hot that Saturday and I was glad that the wedding was the one at 11 am instead of the one at 3pm, as the church at the gardens has no A/C. As the ceremony started, Izzy occupied herself with this and that, mostly tearing the program apart. After that got old, she thought that she just HAD to get in the aisle and try to pick up the flower petals that the flower girls had distributed. As I tried to curb her enthusiasm and kept her in the pew, you could tell by her sour expression that she didn't think my limits were fair. It seemed like a LONG ceremony even though it was of normal length. I was terrified that somehow my little exuberant goofball would create a scene....but this day the toddler gods were on my side, or so it seemed. My struggles with her remained quiet, thankfully.
I think that Isabelle really enjoyed getting dressed up, but I believe her favorite part of the day was roaming free at the dance...and dancing herself! I plan on posting that as soon as I can heist it off Dan's phone.. ;)
Here are some pictures of the dressed up princess:
Monday, June 22, 2009
Isabelle and Getting Dressed Up!
Izzy ready to go (the bib was for transit only, as the molars are still causing a minor tidal wave). These pictures of her dressed up are precious to me, and a little eerie. I say eerie because I see a little glimpse into the future with these. Her face seems older in these to me....maybe it's the dress, maybe the piggies....I can't quite place it.
This is my favorite recent picture of Izzy. I am VERY disappointed that the camera chose the grass over her face to focus on. Grrrr. I will have to re-adjust the settings and try to fix this with some post-processing.
Posted by Tandi at 9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I completely know what you mean about Izzy looking older with piggies in. I feel the same about Kylie and Sophia as well.
Post a Comment