Sunday, June 14, 2009

Isabelle's First Sleep-Over

Dan and I traveled to Iowa the first weekend in June for a friend's annual birthday camp out. It was a chance for Dan and I to see some of our college friends that we'd not seen in a long time. Plus there are quite a few of that group that have kids that are a few months older than Izzy, so we have a lot in common in that way as well. In a few years, I can see that camp out possibly having a great group of kids running around! This year, however, just the adults were getting together to mingle.

Isabelle stayed with Aunt Traci while mom and dad went camping. This was the first time Izzy stayed in a different place without the security of mom and dad. All reports say that she had an excellent time! Among other things, Izzy got to swing, climb the play house, jump (well, sort-of) on a huge trampoline, play dress up with some pretty pink shoes, help Traci sweep the floor, and on and on. Grandpa and Aunt Trudi also came to see Izzy while she was visiting Aunt Traci. Izzy was even able to have a little ice cream with grandpa! Truthfully, I think that Izzy had just as much fun as mom and dad did....and maybe more! We send Traci and Mike a huge thank you for allowing Dan and I to get away for a bit and showing Isabelle such a good time! Words can't express how much we appreciate it!

Here are some pictures that my sister was kind enough to send my way so I could see pieces of Izzy's sleep-over!

Who knew a Tupperware container could double as a top hat for a singing number?
FISH LIPS!
Enjoying the outdoors!
All reports say that Izzy turned into a goofball at meal times. Noooooo, really? This NEVER happens at home....lolNope. Definitely NOT a goofball.Mom has since bought some little post-its JUST for playing the sticker game...this was a GREAT idea. Thanks, Traci!
Dress up in a pair of Anna's shoes...Izzy looks so proud! She put them on herself!
Grandpa getting Izzy's toes...I don't think Isabelle had ANY fun....do you??

0 comments: