Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Play-doh and the Little Helper

We decided to revisit the Play-doh this week. Once Izzy got over the fact that I wouldn't let her eat it, she decided the playing with it just might be kind of fun! Mostly she would tear the big pieces into smaller and smaller pieces and then try to slip them in her mouth if she didn't think I was watching too closely. If she happened to pop a piece in, I would receive the innocent 'What? I'm just sitting her minding my own business and looking like an angel' face. Long name....one expression. I see it more and more these days. ;)

Other than that, Izzy insists on being involved in whatever she can. Her helping isn't usually much of a help, but we include her on everything we can. It's how we learn, right? She still loves "helping" with the laundry and putting Dad's socks down the laundry shoot...

Here are some pictures of my little helper:

Mmmmmm, home-made play-doh!
Isabelle and her grilled cheese. No longer happy to have pieces, she now takes both whole halves at once and slowly, deliberately dismantles them...sometimes while enjoying nature through the skylight. Who says kids can't multi-task?
Isabelle helping with the *ahem* laundry...
Isabelle helping Mom fill the pool.
Izzy pretending to drive a Ferrari. So young for such good taste...

0 comments: