This week has been a BIG week in Isabelle's world, bigger than most. Last Saturday, I was about to head off to a girls' day in Madison with some friends for some adult time, leaving Daddy with his daughter overnight for the first time. As I was getting ready to go and talking with Dan, Izzy was playing on the floor, and lo and behold she had figured out what to do with her hands while trying to crawl. So, we now have a crawler on our hands. She doesn't make it far, but she can work herself into the weirdest places. Next, no sooner were we recovering from that shock when we noticed that when she works it just right, she can go from her hands and knees back to a sitting position. I *almost* didn't want to leave that morning just to see what she did next! Madison was a blast, and Dan did an excellent job at home.
This week, we've been exploring making our own baby food. We currently have sweet potato, avocado, and green beans in the freezer. It's a bit of work, but it's quite a bit cheaper than buying Gerber all the time. Izzy hasn't eaten any of it yet, I'll have to get back to you with the results.
Today has yielded another discovery. No sooner has Isabelle started crawling....but this morning I caught her pulling herself up on one of her toys. I saw her JUST in time to see her execute a spectacular 3-point wipe out. Someone needs to tell this girl that she's only 7 months old and she needn't be so hard on herself as she gets frustrated when she can't do something she thinks she should be able to. Since she is now mobile I now know why parents dread quiet.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
A Mover & A Shaker
More yoga....side plank anyone?
Posted by Tandi at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment