Thursday, December 11, 2008

Little Miss Independent

Well, the past couple weeks Isabelle has been on an eating strike of sorts. When it comes time to eat solids, she believes that she should be doing most of this herself, with the spoon and all. Usually how this goes is that mom or dad will get 2-3 bites in, then Izzy will make a grab for the spoon once it's loaded up. She's pretty good about getting the bite into her mouth, but then she flips the spoon around to gnaw on the other end while grabbing and squishing all the contents that are left on the business end of the spoon ALL OVER. Then it's time to load up the spoon and start all over again. Inevitably this cycle will happen a half dozen times or so, then Izzy will start rubbing her eyes and get irritated when whatever is on the menu that night ends up in her eyes. It's rough being independent!

Otherwise we still love the bath. Isabelle loves to crawl up and down the length of the tub as fast as she can. She's even gotten her first face full of water as she slipped the other day. It didn't even slow her down! Mom took that cue to mean that maybe rinsing her hair after a shampoo could be a lot easier than rinsing the front away with a washcloth. So we tried the dump method. Isabelle didn't mind and it was SO much easier, allowing for more splash time!

Izzy is continuing to work on her mobility. She will now crawl into another room JUUUUST out of site and play peek-a-boo with you around the corner because she knows you are still there. I can now also talk her into following me into the next room herself instead of having to carry her.

She and Magnum are becoming buddies too. I've never seen Magnum give ANYONE things like he "gives" things to her. His toys, his rawhide, you name it. Unfortunately, Magnum's toys are a HUGE draw for Isabelle...including the mushy rawhide (don't ask)! If Magnum is playing with his football and Dan or I throw it, he will sometimes bring it back to Isabelle and will drop it as soon as she lays a hand on the ball. Last night Izzy was pulling herself up on Magnum as he lay on the floor relaxing. Believe it or not, he seems to like the attention. When Izzy got tired, she put her head down on Magnum's back and lay there for a moment. I tried to capture that....I even had the camera, but I was too slow.

Isabelle and the Prunes - It's a very good thing it was a bath night!!My little goofball.

Mobility is awesome!

If I look juuuust right, I can see myself in the TV!!!


Did you say something?

1 comments:

Lori Lincoln said...

I love the red cheeks! She is getting so big. I know all about being too slow with the camera. There are so many things that Kylie does that I want to capture but by the time the camera and I are ready, she has moved on. Hope to see you guys over Christmas.