Sunday, February 15, 2009

Teeth, A Cold, and Activity Galore

Izzy usually has surprises for us...but I didn't think I'd miss something like this. I have been SO focused on that front tooth popping through that I was COMPLETELY surprised this week when I saw one of her next top teeth already in! So, now we are sporting FIVE teeth....unless there are MORE in there that I haven't seen.

Still battling a cold with marvelous amounts of liquid booger, Izzy was at least in a pretty good mood for Grandma and Grandpa S' visit this weekend. She had a great time charming the both of them!

Things she's been doing this week:

  • Practicing her H's....(think "Don't I have wonderful breath??? HHHHHHHAAAA HAAAAA HHHHHAAA!)
  • Starting to wave hello and bye-bye
  • When she knows something is off-limits, she'll head towards it or reaches out for it while watching you....JUST to see if the limit is still there. She wants EVERYTHING that she can't have, and it suitably crushed when she finds out that not being able to have those things hasn't changed.
  • She isn't drinking her formula all that well recently. We don't know if she's backing herself off it in favor of solids or if it's a having-a-cold thing.
  • Isabelle LOVES, loves eating at the table with us and having what we're having. She hasn't had baby food all weekend. I have since put the valve back in the sippy cup and put the formula in there that she hasn't eaten from her last bottle, however, she seems to like water in it better. Probably tastes better with the food and it's easier to get through the valve too.
  • Izzy continues to get more brave with her upright expeditions. Most recently she will still launch herself at the furniture, but will misjudge her distance and fall. Reaction to this depends on mood, what was in the way, if anything caught her, and of course your reaction to seeing her fall.
  • Isabelle WILL take a single step herself....between things. She's learning how to balance well and can stand unassisted for quite awhile.
  • She will launch herself off of anything she can with no fear....I have seen this happen with the couch. I turned to put something up to safety, and by the time I'd turned around again she had endo-ed off the couch head first. Since then we've been working on the correct way to get down....FEET first.
  • Our little climber continues to climb over and through ANYTHING. Parents or other bodies on the floor (like the dog or visitors) are only one more welcome obstacle in her course. (aren't BOYS supposed to be more physically active??)
Isabelle and Magnum the jungle gym (you can see he's real concerned...ha!)
Izzy using Dad's legs as her fort...where she hiding out with the TV remote

Here, she's extolling the virtues of Dad's cool watch after having pulled it off her own wrist. (Note that she's standing unassisted as she's giving her speech)
Pausing to lay on Dad for only a moment. It's tiring being this busy!
Here we have our little explorer, suitably crushed that Dad is putting his watch back on....note the finger in the mouth trying to push on those darned teeth.

0 comments: