It has been one of those weeks here. Kind of a rough one to follow up last week's rough one, but it happens. It started Sunday. I didn't feel right in the afternoon, and Izzy didn't seem herself. By the end of the night we were both throwing up. I don't relish the sight, sound or smell of anyone having an upset stomach like that, but seeing Izzy like that and her not understanding what's going on is much worse. We thought that was over Monday, but Monday night and the Tuesday night and then here Thursday morning she still got sick...just once each day. That coupled with her not eating and the cough she's had for awhile (and a call to my sister) led me to take Iz to the doc today just to make sure there wasn't something we were missing. Well, we are now on our first batch of anti-biotics for an ear infection and hopefully they will also stop anything brewing in her irritated throat.
SO. With all this icky feeling and not eating and fussing....you'd think she's be relatively inactive, right? WELL! She sure showed us last night! She may not be playing as much as she usually does and require more hugs and snuggling, but last night she did a major first!
As we were playing with her, she walked from me to Dan. FOUR STEPS! 1,2,3 and 4...just like she'd been doing it for months. I don't think she quite believed what she did...and hasn't done it since yet, but she hasn't been feeling the best either.
Today she walked with me the whole length of the couch only holding onto one of my hands....she looked like such a grown-up! At lunch today, Izzy made SURE to tell me that she wanted some of what I was having...which hasn't happened in at least a week. When that was gone, we moved on to Cheerios. She must be feeling a little better.....but I'm a little leary....I really DON'T want to see everything she ate today again.
OH! Another thing that was happening while all this was going on? Another TOOTH. We're up to 6!
I'll post some pictures when I get the chance...
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Viruses, Ear Infection, Scrathy Throat.....and FOUR STEPS, Oh My!
Posted by Tandi at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment