Friday, March 6, 2009

Look out world...she's feeling better!

Now that we are finally on the mend from all the bugs floating around (I'm knocking on every piece of wood, laminate, or ceramic I see to keep it going that way...) Izzy had become pretty much herself again, and I have missed her!

She has been a bottomless pit the last few days! You name it, she wants to eat it, and I don't know where she puts it all! Making up for the past 2 weeks of not eating hardly anything, I'll wager. When we went to the doc to get checked over last week, she was back down to 21 lbs, so a little making up is in order!

This week, we've decided to tackle the stairs. Thursday, Izzy decided that she wanted to try climbing up the stairs herself as we were heading that way. So, I let her. I was close behind for spotting, as she has no fear of falling. Her climb was a raging success...so much so that we had to do it again!

She's also a big fan of her little xylophone piano and radio, which were recent craigslist finds. Any toy that can interact with her now is a hit. She's still working on her F's and now sometimes she really seems to try hard to copy what you're saying. Sometimes she's closer than others, it's great to hear her trying, and hey...this girl has a LOT to say!

I can also tell that she understands more than you think she might. Every morning, at 6:55, a school bus drives by our house. When I see the bus turn onto our street I tell her that the bus is coming and she will turn to watch and keep watching it until it disappears. Relating to the bottomless pit thing, we had a Nutrigrain bar as a snack the other day...and she polished off the whole bar! (a rare occurrence usually) and as I crumpled up the wrapper and announced 'all gone!' a melt-down ensued. We were still hungry. She also seems to know when she's doing something she shouldn't....you guys ALL know what I'm talking about. The raised eyebrows, the half smile...the what if?

She's also a big fan of being upside down right now....I don't know why...I just go with it. Another hit...she likes me to chase her while she's crawling. As I get down on all fours, she squeals and takes off. As I catch her, I grab an ankle, stopping her in her tracks. She thinks this is hilarious...along with the word 'bonk' for whatever reason. Another recent game...anytime Mom has anything on her head, be it a hat, a pillow, a toy, or anything else for that matter...it's GOT to come off....it just doesn't belong there. It's a relief just hearing her giggle, squeal and laugh again. I can't wait to introduce her to the park this spring!

Playing 'come find me!' amidst the table and chairs.
Isabelle is telling mom about her day.
And having a talk with the refrigerator magnets....note the confident stance.
Izzy reaching for mom's cap. Tip-toes are another current favorite.
We're happy to be feeling better...

0 comments: