Friday, February 6, 2009

Ten Months Tomorrow!

Where does the time go? I was talking with my friend Jen who has a daughter 2 weeks younger than Izzy. Neither of us can believe that we have kids that are this close to being a year old. Didn't we just HAVE these little gals???

Not a week after the stomach ick, and the household came down with a cold. It is continuing to work it's way through the 3 of us. For the most part, though, it really isn't too bad. I'd SO MUCH rather be dealing with the boogers and runny noses. So, Izzy has had kind of a raspy voice this week. It's given her a sound of maturity as she's babbling that's sort of amusing once you get past the fact that she can't feel the greatest to sound that way. Her cold really doesn't seem to slow her down much though.

That darn top tooth! Supposedly it was through the skin when we went to the doctor for her 9 month appointment....here it is...10 months tomorrow and still not through! I can feel EXACTLY where the tooth is at, there is a bump where it will be, but it will just not give up and break through! I'm frustrated for Izzy, because it can't feel good...but again, it doesn't seem to bug her that often.

Isabelle has figured out that she can crawl holding onto some things. This results in weird noises as she traverses the house. She gets excited about things and squeals...then takes off like a bat out of you know where on all fours. I swear she gets quicker every day. She also loves it if you play a game with her by sneaking up and crawling after her, it thrills her to show you her world. I am also certain that she's gotten taller this month. This isn't because I've measured her, but because the speakers on the entertainment center and things on the back of the couch seat cushions are no longer safe. She seems to enjoy this....especially when she scores mom or dad's Blackberry or if she can happen to touch the lap top. ANYTHING mom or dad has is better, cooler, or more interesting.

And now the biggest event of late....tonight as Izzy and I were having a girls' night, we were on the floor playing. She picked up her noisy hammer off the floor........and stood up. Not holding onto anything, not pulling herself up with anything....she picked the hammer up, got up onto her hands and feet, bend her knees and stood up! I think she surprised herself by the look on her face. That look of surprise turned into one of glee, after which she let herself lose balance and dive into my outstretched arms. I am blessed to have been watching her face at that moment. I wish I would have caught it on tape...but then I wouldn't have been there to catch HER.

Here are a couple of pictures from the week. Honestly, she's getting harder and harder to CATCH! Getting pictures is becoming a challenge!

Mom's cap is endlessly fascinating....
Just playin'
Playing with her 'secret' toys.

1 comments:

Lori Lincoln said...

I love your posts, they make me look back at Kylie's milestones as well. Todd and I were just commenting on how tall Kylie is now as nothing on the kitchen table seems to be out of her reach.

It sounds like you will have a walker any day now! Izzy will seem even taller and faster when she consistantly walks on her own.

We can't wait to see the family. We miss you!!!