Last night, Dan and I attended a 2 hour class for newborn care that supposedly took us through the first six weeks of their lives. It was a good class, certainly nothing earth-shattering was covered, but there were some things that I hadn't thought about before....like not burping a newborn on your shoulder until they have some head control because their little heads can bop around too much. The slides of what NEW newborns actually look like were good to see, and much more realistic than anything you'd see on any tv drama. Each couple also had a doll, which we got to diaper, swaddle, toss around (just kidding), etc. I didn't remember how small actual newborn diapers were! So there's one more thing to check off the list as being done. The next class.....a series of 4 that I start in March, I'm not looking forward to as much. It's the childbirth preparation class. I'm sure I'll see all SORTS of videos in that class.... :P~
The other thing that's been going on lately with me (besides an inner ear thing that allows me to recall the delightful feeling of being unbalanced from being buzzed....without the hangover) is raging insomnia. Why oh why does this happen? I haven't slept decently in about 2 weeks from lower backaches, a fidgety baby, and who knows what else? I know that once my mind starts going once I'm awake, on work or baby or whatever it chooses to latch onto, it's all over for a few hours, there's no getting back to sleep for awhile. Unfortunatly, this week, it seems to have spread to Dan too. I try to be quiet and not shift around, but he claims that most of the time, it isn't me waking him up. Are we in training or something? Is this a common thing?
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Give your loves a squeeze today. :)
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Insomnia and Infant Class
Posted by Tandi at 7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hey Girl,
Sorry about the insominia thing! I can't say it goes away ever! I didn't sleep the whole last month because I coulnd't find a comfortable spot. Then you get so worked up over labor and everything right before that you don't sleep. Then after Peanut arrives- you just want to watch them sleep that it is hard to catch up. Sophia is 5 months old and I still don't get a full night of sleep. It is all worth it though! Your body will adjust and you will enjoy every minute. Good luck and I love your blog!
Melisa Cox
Post a Comment