Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pregnant Women and Motorized Machinery

Hi Everyone. Thought I'd check in now that the snow has finally stopped here. Today was an interesting day! Dan is in Virginia for work and was supposed to return tonight, but due to the lovely snowstorm, he's stuck there...checking out the BEACH. :P~ Anyway, before he left, we'd heard it was going to snow, so he left me the truck, and I'm very thankful he did! I probably should have stayed home today, but like the bull head that I am, I went to work anyway, despite the warnings and projected totals. However, you know what? The driving wasn't all that bad.....because I had 4wd and a road to travel where there was very little traffic. It's been a long time since I've seen it snow like this. The latest total that I've seen locally was reported in Jackson (a town a few miles south of West Bend) reporting in at 8pm this evening with 20 inches, with 2-4 foot drifts. Fun eh? Anyway, the weather and me being single for the evening led to a different kind of necessity when I returned home.....teaching myself how to use the snow blower! Now before you get worried, our snow blower is the single stage kind that helps to pull itself along when engaged. It wasn't hard to figure out if you'd ever used a push mower. The amusing part to me was how it must have looked to have a 7.5 month pregnant woman with a winter jacket barely zipped trying to figure out how to clean off the driveway without getting a face full of snow (which I couldn't avoid, by the way). Oh how awkward I must have looked! I'll never take the ease with which Dan seems to push that thing around and clean off the driveway for granted again. I should also mention that at some point during the day, one of Dan's co-workers stopped by and cleaned out the driveway for me once, so I only had a partial accumulation to deal with thankfully!! Thanks, Jim!!!

Below is a current belly shot taken tonight. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant, so 7.5 months. Peanut's movements are no longer the cute little flutters and taps they used to be. This little nut can really haul off and pack a wallop! I've read articles where little 'nuts have cracked ribs, bruised organs, and caused internal bleeding in the expectant moms. Nothing like that has happened here thankfully, but I can see where it could! I swear when I'm sitting in meetings, or have some point that I'm trying to make, Peanut will take that as his/her cue to launch into some elaborate dance choreography that makes my torso appear as if it's being pummeled. I'm probably the only one that notices this, but it still never seems to fail!

0 comments: