Today, a friend of mine threw a shower for me in West Bend. This was an unexpected offer, and it really touched me. Since a good portion of my friends are male engineers, I never expected such a surprise. She did a wonderful job with everything, and knowing some of what her schedule entails, I know it couldn't have been easy to get everything lined up for the day. I can't thank her enough for thinking of me in this way and being a valued and trusted friend throughout quite a few discussions and events. Buddies like this are hard to find.
The group of women that came to the shower, too, were awesome! Some I hadn't seen in too long! Two of my college buddies even made the trek from IA, one of which is due 2 days before I am! We had a good time talking about kids, parenthood, the changes that happen throughout this whole process, and miscellaneous other things which, like things in Vegas....will stay at the shower. ;)
I want to truly thank everyone that came, and everyone that took the time and trouble to bring or send gifts and diapers to the Peanut. He/she appreciates each and every one, and will soon be here to thank you him/herself! Everyone has been so generous! It wasn't until about two years ago that I really appreciated how special having a baby is, and why people would want to celebrate this with you. I hear that once Peanut comes, I will truly appreciate what joy a baby can bring and that will help me better understand why everyone is so happy when those they know come to expect their own Peanut.
The group of women that came to the shower, too, were awesome! Some I hadn't seen in too long! Two of my college buddies even made the trek from IA, one of which is due 2 days before I am! We had a good time talking about kids, parenthood, the changes that happen throughout this whole process, and miscellaneous other things which, like things in Vegas....will stay at the shower. ;)
I want to truly thank everyone that came, and everyone that took the time and trouble to bring or send gifts and diapers to the Peanut. He/she appreciates each and every one, and will soon be here to thank you him/herself! Everyone has been so generous! It wasn't until about two years ago that I really appreciated how special having a baby is, and why people would want to celebrate this with you. I hear that once Peanut comes, I will truly appreciate what joy a baby can bring and that will help me better understand why everyone is so happy when those they know come to expect their own Peanut.
Here's a pic from the shower of me opening a 'survival kit' for the changing table. Note that I am holding ear plugs....I'm sure that we will use them too!


1 comments:
I am glad you had a great time. I am glad I could do this for you. I am so happy for you to be joining the parenting ranks.
With love,
Jen
Post a Comment