Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Doctor's Appointment

Dan and I took Isabelle on her first adventure yesterday other than coming home. We had her first week appointment with her doctor. She tolerated everything pretty well, although Dan says that her + her infant carrier is already about a 20 lb load. Makes me wonder how I'll make it to my appointment next week not supposing to lift much before 6 weeks. But I digress. She received a clean bill of health, the doc said she looked perfect, so we must be doing ok so far, despite feeling at a loss at times. Upon delivery she weighed 6# 14oz, at discharge she weighed 6# 8oz. Yesterday for the doc, she weighed in at 7# 1/2oz. The goal was to make back the birth weight by this appointment and she did wonderfully.

Here's a pic I just snapped of her as she's hanging out in her swing. Believe me, she isn't always this content, but the cuteness is always there...

5 comments:

Lori Lincoln said...

Those pictures are adorable. It was good to talk to you yesterday. Something I forgot to mention...Have you tried the Harvey Karp 5 S's? Kylie loved to be swaddled and calmed down right away. We kept her swaddled to sleep at night until she was about 5 months old and outgrown her swaddler. Just remember I am always here (and Melisa is too) if you need someone to talk to that has just recently gone through all this as well.
Hope to see you soon. Lori

Anonymous said...

way too cute!!!

Fiona said...

The bad part about seeing Isabelle yesterday? OH MY GOD I have been having withdrawl symptoms all day! She is SO gorgeous! When you and Dan were outside, I was dancing in living room with her as she was snuggling against me. You need to go away together and just give her to me for a night... or five.

And you look amazing! Can't believe you were pregnant a week and a half ago!

Unknown said...

These pics are priceless. I'm so glad Dave and I had the chance to come up and see all 3 of you. I forget how little they are in the beginning. Sounds likes she's doing great! Enjoy your time off it will go by fast, take care of yourself and we'll talk to you soon, Love ya, Sue and Dave

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I cannot wait to see her!!!! I have some goodies i'm sending when I get the chance!!!
:)