Thursday, April 3, 2008

OB Appointment #13

Well, another Thursday appointment has come and gone. Thirteen days until the Peanut's estimated arrival date. The doctor tells me if I would deliver today, Peanut would probably be a bit over 7 lbs. If I go to my estimated due date, he/she will be closer to the 8 lb mark. Either will be a good sized Nut. Heart rate today was 152 BPM (but Liz was feeling around for his/her size before taking the heart rate, so (s)he was probably a bit agitated), belly measured at 38 cm.

The doctor did her checking today, I'm at 1-2 cm dilated and about 60% effaced, so not much progress since last time, but at least there was progress. This time, her exam caused what looked like to me a large amount of unusual "show." Some of you probably know what that is, and some don't, but I won't explain it any further to keep this somewhat benign. I will tell you that I've never had anything like that previous in this whole entire experience, and it has left me kind of freaked out. The doctor told me that it doesn't mean anything except that things are changing and getting ready, and it doesn't mean that anybody is necessarily coming soon. Even so....I'm still pretty unsettled. The adventure, I guess, continues.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some progress is better than none! Hopefully things keep moving forward...or out...not sure which is the proper direction (hee hee). Anyway, take care!
Love,
Linda