Isabelle lost her cord yesterday. She's now the proud owner of a perfect little belly button, or 'poopec' as they'd say in Czech. I'm pretty sure that spelling is incorrect....but at least that is correct phonetically. My mom used to converse with her mom in Czech growing up, and as a result, as I was growing up, there was a smattering of czech words and phrases thrown around that were just a part of growing up in my family. Once I left the home for college, these phrases were still there, but seemed to go dormant...until Isabelle. Now, all these phrases used for little body parts in the bath have been flooding back. What else will Isabelle uncover that is part of the legacy from being with my mom and dad that I've forgotten?
The other milestone from yesterday (more for me than her) was that I took her for a short ride in the car to go see Dad at work. Until yesterday, Dan had dealt with the car seat exclusively so it took us a bit to get that figured out. Once she got over the injustice of being harnessed in, she slept through everything. Next? The stroller! ha ha
Pics to come when blogger will upload them...
Oh, if anyone has any burping tips, please let me know. I seem to have a hard time with it, and she gets a lot of little gas bubbles in her tummy. Dad, on the other hand, is an awesome burper. For some reason the same techniques don't seem to work for me....I'm trying to figure out what it is about my delivery that's different, but am not finding it yet. It's really frustrating at 3am when you know what's wrong, but can't seem to help.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
First Ride with Mom and the "Poopec"
Posted by Tandi at 3:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment