Yesterday was my very first Mother's Day as a mom. It was a special day that I'll remember for a long time. Dan surprised me in bed with something he said he and Izzy picked out. There was a card and one of those "small boxes." In the box was a necklace with a Mother's pendant that has Isabelle's birthstone set in it. What a surprise! I didn't expect anything like that. I also didn't expect how seeing it and knowing they (ok Dan, really) had picked it out just for me would make me feel. Had I not still been half asleep, I would have most certainly teared up (in a good way). The good day didn't stop there. We took Isabelle and all 3 of us went to Target for a bit, then to a Mexican restaurant in town, and then to some friends' place for some conversation and just to hang out for a bit. That may not seem like much for an outing, but it was our first outing with all 3 of us. It was amazing to feel like we could actually start doing things together again....within reason anyway. We still have to be mindful of feeding times to avoid melt-downs, but it's a start!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment