Tuesday, August 12, 2008

4 Month Appointment, Another Fever, and Pictures - Oh my!

Well, this morning Isabelle and I headed into the doctor for her 4 month check-up. The doc said that she was perfect, and he couldn't see any reason for her fussiness last night and today. However, since that was abnormal for her, and she had a fever the weekend of Aug 2nd, he decided to not give her the 4 month shots today. We get to go back in for those next Friday afternoon. :( Since the appointment this morning, she's been either crying, eating or sleeping...it's been a rough day of 'vacation' for mom. I just took her temperature awhile ago, and it confirmed what my lips had thought...she has another fever! I called the nurse and was told just to monitor things and give Tylenol to bring the fever down. That seems to calm her fussiness too.

Anyway, back to the doc saying she was perfect. She granted him one of her smiles this morning, which have been a rarity yesterday and today. He checked her over; ears, eyes, chest, gums, put her on her tummy, made her stand up with him and sit for a bit, etc. Our "little" peanut is now 26" long (95th percentile) and weighs 15#8oz (85th percentile). He says he doesn't see any sign of pearly whites, so she isn't teething just yet. I just wish I could get her back to her sunny self faster. These grumpy days and awake all night nights are hard on mom (and dad).

The next thing he told me is that we can start introducing her to solid foods. Oh my. Just thinking about the responsibility of another person's eating habits boggles my mind. So, we'll start slow. When she feels better, we'll try some rice cereal, yellow veggies, applesauce and bananas...one at a time over a few days. At least she will still be getting most of her nutrients from formula for now. I know that I don't eat the best, so I'm a little skeptical about my ability to get her to pick up good habits. Maybe it's time for a change on my part as well, eh?

Onto the pictures. No big smiles this post, Izzy wasn't feeling the best today.

Future Biker Baby?

Tried a 4 month picture sitting up...I will need a new plan next month...I'm running out of blanket.
Can I chew on the bear?
Mom, do you HAVE to take my picture today?
An icky feeling Izzy. She is like a furnace when she's sick!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, You know I live for these updates since we live a ways away. Hopefully I'll recognize her on Labor Day weekend. She is so adorable and can hardly wait to see all of you. Talk to you soon, love the pics, Miss ya, Sue