"Solids" is in quotes because quite honestly, the rice cereal wasn't very solid. Anyway, yesterday I decided that we'd try to start Isabelle on her way to getting used to real food. Rice cereal seemed to be a likely candidate, as well as recommended by the doc, so we gave that a shot. The box said for the first feeding to mix 1 Tbsp of cereal with 4-5 Tbsp of water. Honestly, after 4 Tbsp of water, it looked like just water with flakes floating in it...gross, huh? But we went with it. I think more ended up down the front of her and on the towel than IN her as she tried to figure out how things worked (and the watery consistency didn't help matters). Brother Magnum, of course figured that what I was feeding HER should be fed to HIM as well....so we had to tell him to go lay down. I have visions of Izzy in 3 years or so, slipping Magnum her veggies. At the bedtime bottle, I added a tsp of the cereal to that as well. That was a hit! Thankfully we got to SLEEP aaaaaaaaaallllll night last night. *knock on wood* Was it the cereal, or Isabelle feeling better? Who knows. Tonight, Dad fed her some cereal with a spoon, but kept the cereal more like oatmeal consistency. She did much better with that. The 8:00 bottle also had a tsp of cereal in it. Here's hoping mom and dad get another full night's sleep...that would be awesome!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Isabelle and her First "Solids"
Isabelle in her seat, "What'cha got, mom?"
Posted by Tandi at 8:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment