Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We've got Mobility!

Well, we knew it was going to come sooner or later. Isabelle is now mobile....to an extent. Saturday we were playing around on the floor and she was holding a toy away from her in the air with her hands and feet and rolled to her side. We've seen this before....however, this time she dropped the toy, picked up her head and rolled on over. So, she'll roll from her back to her belly and promptly piss herself off because she doesn't like being on her belly. However, after a few days of rolling, she's figuring out that maybe the belly isn't all THAT bad....especially if she puts herself there. She no longer stays put in bed either.....the last 2 mornings Dad has found her rolled up to the back wall of the crib. Not unhappy or stuck....just hanging out.

She's also started to reach out and want to touch my face....kind of to explore it. So I goof around when she does it, she gets these wide eyes and then we end up chuckling. She is definitely starting to know whether you are playing with her, or if your attention is elsewhere. Just now for example I talked to her and she lit up with a grin, but as I started typing again things clouded over. She's starting to become aware that maybe she can affect her environment.

Izzy also attended her first engineering conference call today. She joined us about 1/2 way through the meeting....let's say I am very thankful for the mute button on my phone. She did very well, even chuckling at some of the talking (she must have a built-in B.S. indicator......that will help her in years to come!)

Where did that toy get to?

Wha? Huh? Oh....you're taking a picture....

In that case, I'll make a face for you.

I got here all by MYSELF! I guess my tummy isn't that bad!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! She is so cute and it looks like she has changed so much since we saw her last just a few weeks ago!! Can't wait to see you guys on Labor Day!!

Love YA
Trudi