Thursday, August 28, 2008

Busy Week!

It seems like a lot happens with Isabelle from week to week as far as learning goes, and I try to catch most of it here with intentions of putting it in her baby book when I finally get around to it (ha ha). This last week has been no exception, but it seems like what Izzy discovers is growing at an exponential rate....can you imagine what we would be like if we would continue this rate of development into our 20's? Or even just into the 2nd or 3rd year? Things we've noticed this week that are new:

  • If you hand a toy to her she will concentrate on it and grasp it with both hands....then usually try to put it in her mouth
  • She likes sweet potatoes
  • She does NOT like yellow squash
  • She is starting to act "shy" sometimes if you look her in the face and talk to her...she will let out a playful screech and hide her face against your shoulder. Where in the world did she learn that?
  • I've heard her move on from the normal aaahhhboo and goo to other sounds....'dee' is one she seems to be interested in lately
  • She holds her own bottle sometimes....with varying degrees of success.
  • She is very interested in anything that you are putting in your mouth when she's watching you
  • She ALWAYS has her fingers in her mouth!
  • She's mesmerized by the TV, although we try to not let her get too much of it
  • She wants to touch faces, especially noses and mouths
  • One of her favorite things to play with is someone else's hand
  • She's beginning to discover her FEET!!
Since it's a short week, and we will see most of you this weekend, I only have one picture to post. Isabelle is keeping me company while I empty the dishwasher and playing with one of her bottles. Does she look ready for a beer mug to you? Just kidding. See you soon!

What? I was thirsty!

0 comments: