Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Child Birth Prep - Class 1

Yep, it was that time yesterday. The time to face the first of the 4 classes that would teach us about the upcoming appearance of Peanut. We learned about the signs of labor, the stages of labor, positioning of the baby at birth, learned some exercises that might help before and during labor, and got to watch a couple of nifty videos of natural labor and birth....um....yea. I don't think any of the information in the class really surprised either Dan or I...but some of the things the couples in the video were doing...well, let's just say we won't be doing those. I'll keep it at that in case there are some younger readers about. It sounds like, though, that each class throughout the month will approach different topics, and it isn't going to be the "Lamaze" classes that we were afraid that it might be, so that's a relief. On a side note, there were roughly 13 couples in the class, and our due date was the CLOSEST. Now THAT was kind of an eye opener.

0 comments: