The first weekly appointment was today! There were all the regular elements as with previous visits. Urine sample, weight, BP, belly measurement, Peanut's heartbeat (today it was 137 BPM - giving me an added flipped intuition that now Peanut is a boy...and always has been. Time will tell.) Liz told me that until today, the heart rates have always been solidly in the girl range, but that as the heart matures to where Peanut could be born, it settles in towards where it will be in the outside world. Makes sense, and makes me thing even more strongly now, that the 'Nut is a boy, despite my feelings of 'girl' throughout most of the pregnancy.
I talked with Liz about what I'd learned about the CSE and about a whole host of other things. Then it was time for the strep test and to be 'checked' for the first time since becoming pregnant. I told her that I already thought I knew what she was going to tell me. With how I feel and how the baby seems to be sitting, I figured she'd tell me everything was still 'locked down.' So, she was expecting to have to work hard to check the progress. Well, she didn't have to look too far. I guess things have started to flip forward. My cervix is not effaced at all, but I'm dilated to 1 cm already. Huh. I figured I would have known SOMETHING like that was going on, but I guess I have had a few interesting days with contracting....but nothing that is really distracting yet. So, she got to touch Peanut's head and pushed on them a little to see how engaged they were. Peanut is still able to bounce around quite happily in their little private pool, so she says I probably have a couple of weeks yet.
At least she was able to confirm that the Nut is head down. We've thought they have been for quite awhile now just through feeling my belly and where I feel the hiccups when he/she gets a fit of them. So, this appointment kind of made it hit home... 'holy $&(*, there really is someone in there, and they're going to come meet us....soon!'
Thursday, March 20, 2008
OB Appointment #11
Posted by Tandi at 4:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Wow Tandi---I'm so excited for you!! Thanks so much for keeping us posted and in letting me share this with you. Hope you didn't get too much snow!!!
Love ya
Trudi
Post a Comment