Saturday, March 29, 2008

OB Appointment #12

Yesterday marked another appointment with my wonderful doc. I was really anxious to talk with her since I had been feeling pretty great throughout this whole pregnancy until this last week.....thinking that maybe Peanut was on their way a little sooner than expected. As it turns out feeling icky, crampy, having weird things come out (sorry if that's TMI) and having erratic contractions some days are just part of the end time of pregnancy. She mentioned that this was why some women chose to not work up until the end of pregnancy, even though it is just fine to do so. So, I'll take my lumps along with the occasional Tylenol. I've been so extremely lucky this far with feeling well, it couldn't all be that easy, right?

My curiosity was also getting the best of me as to whether or not all these cramps and contractions were doing anything to help Peanut settle into their transition. As it turns out, we made some good progress this last week. I'm still only dilated to 1cm, but my cervix has gone from 0% effaced to 50% effaced. Peanut too, has started to descend from basically free-floating in his/her private "pool" to the -2 pelvic station. Below is an illustration to give you an idea of what the pelvic stations are.

0 comments: