Six months ago, we were in a very different situation. Six months ago I was just leaving the hospital with a newborn Isabelle in tow wondering how in the world I was going to manage an infant and struggling with the fact that I was a mom and there were NO instructions. I was sore, I was tired, and most of all I was scared. Isabelle slept most of the day and night (but only in 1 - 2 hour periods) and would eat and dirty diapers the rest of the time. She understood as much about us and the world as we did about her.....but she had an edge....babies seem to have their own internal instructions titled 'How to train your new parents.' But in six short months, it's hard to believe how much life has changed.
We had her 6 month Dr's appointment on Thursday this week. Isabelle is 2'4" tall, which is off the charts for height, and weighs 18 lbs - 2 oz, which is at the 90th percentile for weight. Aside from the cold she's been fighting for the last 10 days or so, the doctor declared her perfect and was delighted to see how happy she was. He told us we were doing a great job with her, which is always a nice affirmation to know that maybe we're stumbling along in at least a good direction. He said she was very tall for her age (duh....she's almost long enough for 12 month clothes) but that her weight was in perfect proportion to her height. Since she was fighting a cold, no shots for Izzy this trip! YAY!! But that just delayed the inevitable. We'll go in sometime over the next few weeks for this round once she's over her cold. Izzy, for her part, showed her interest for the proceedings by burping like a college student for the nurse and trying to wrestle the stethoscope away from the doctor.
Iz continues to learn and grow! Every week there are new things! She's seeming to make more complex noises when she babbles now. She's WAY too young for speech, but both Dan and I swear on different occasions that we've heard her say "Hi!!" She's extremely proficient at rolling all over the place now, as she showed me this evening as we were playing before bed. I also think that very soon Dan and I may have to childproof everything. You'll see why in the picture at the end of the post. One of her new things that I can think of at the moment...she loves to bang toys on her high chair top now. I can see some pots and pans banging coming fairly soon. She also seems to be working on her back muscles. As she's playing on the floor, she will lay down and arch her head back and pick her back up off the floor. Maybe someday she'll like gymnastics? Also these days she's almost impossible to hold onto and do anything else...she's a veritable wiggle worm!
Tomorrow we go in for 6 month pictures! Here's hoping she's in a good mood tomorrow afternoon! Cross your fingers for us!
Friday, October 10, 2008
6 Months and Counting
Isabelle playing with her new stacking/nesting/ball toy. She seems to like these a lot.
Posted by Tandi at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment