Saturday, October 4, 2008

Girls' Weekend!

Well, we knew we were going to do it sooner or later....the time had come for Mom and Dad to go on an over night trip....without the little bambino. Last weekend Dan and I went to our third annual Quivey's Beer Festival in Verona with our friends Jeremy and Jen. This was the first year that I've gone (if I remember correctly) where one of us wasn't pregnant and a DD. So, you'd think we'd really whoop it up, right? Well, the other couple we met there are parents too....beer tasting from 12 to 5 and then dinner after that is pretty tiring! By 10 we were all pretty subdued, even tho we played cards until 11:30 or so. We made a good effort to tie one on, and had a heck of a good time in the process, but we were a good deal tamer than in old times. On the bright side though, no hangover the next day!

Anyway, on to Isabelle's side of the story. Three of her aunts (my sisters) came up to spend time with her while Dan and I were away. From all reports, they had a heck of a good time themselves! They went to the park, went shopping, took Izzy to church (where one of my sisters told me she smiled at everyone...) and ran around various other places. This was the reason that I wasn't as worried about Izzy as I thought I would be....she was in excellent hands. That's not to say I didn't think of her often....I did!! Anyway, Izzy, Dan and I are very appreciative of them making the trip up for the day!

Here are a few pictures of Izzy on her girls' day with my sisters. Aunt Trudi has a great talent and camera for pictures, don't you think?

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Tiiiiiiiiiiiny bubbles......

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I believe this is my favorite picture of Izzy to date.

Isabelle mimicking Aunt Traci

0 comments: