I've had trying days with Isabelle before, but they were easy compared to today. I'm sure things will keep getting more and more interesting as time goes on...but I never really thought a single someone who isn't yet totally mobile could so thoroughly exhaust an adult. Today wasn't a bad day at all, just extremely tiring and and constant. There was no relaxing today. I'm not sure if it's the teeth, the 6 month growth spurt or what but today was a corker! And I'm sure this will elicit many comments of "oh, just you wait!" I understand what's coming, but for now...indulge me. ;)
Today none of her toys were all that interesting or engaging to her, but she played for 20 minutes with a spatula and a plastic serving spoon....her toys are SO much cooler. Then, every time I would step away from her the fussing would start. This is NOT like her. So, we attempted to compromise with Isabelle on my lap while she played for awhile. Well, today Isabelle was also suffering from a severe case of 'whatever mom has is better, so I want THAT' And, when that didn't happen...you guessed it...more fussing. It was a long day.
However, for firsts, Dan got his first IM from Izzy today. Granted it was gibberish, but there was a lot of it....she had a lot to tell him. She likes puffs now, and I can see containers of cheerios accompanying us everywhere we go in the near future. She likes taking the puffs and crunching them with her newly broken through teeth, even tho there isn't much poking out to use yet. We're doing better with the sippy cup and will now get sips now and then, but as we are playing with it between using it, we like to up-end it over the side of the high chair tray. I have never used the cups' valve, so this creates puddles, much to Magnum's delight. We've finally found a fruit that Izzy doesn't seem to mind....pears! Other than that, she's working on her hugs and greetings. She doesn't know what either of these things are yet, but she does them anyway. She will grant you with one of her growl/grins in greeting if she's in a fairly happy mood. If you're holding her after a feeding or just playing with her, she will sometimes take your face in your hands and rest her forehead on yours for a bit. My personal favorite though is when she puts her head down on my shoulder.
Anyway, it's almost time for bed, so I'll leave you with a few pictures from the day.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Oy.
My yoga partner
Posted by Tandi at 9:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment