Nope....who would settle for just ONE tooth?? No sooner had Isabelle's first tooth broken through the surface and Dan and I thought we would have a break from her "teething personality" than I noticed another tell tale white spot on her lower gum next to the first tooth. As of yesterday, the second tooth has broken through the gum, and today.....today we seem to have our fun-loving, giggly and wiggly Isabelle back. I hope it lasts for the baptism company coming this weekend. I was reading an article this week on teething, and it described what the process can do to a child's behavior. That's where the term 'teething personality' came in. When she is working on a tooth, Isabelle is almost a completely different little person. Pretty irritable and cranky compared to her normal fun-loving self. This morning though Dan and I have been over-joyed to be around our little girl....we were starting to think maybe she was getting grumpier as she was getting older. Thankfully this is not the case.
Izzy gets up on her hands and knees and rocks now. She knows she wants to go somewhere, and her legs are willing, but she hasn't figured out that she needs to move her hands too. Instead, she will go from her hands and knees to her hands and feet (for those of you who practice yoga, think perfect plank position-complete with butt down....to a downward dog with head and shoulders in line...) For anyone who has tried these positions, you know it takes some strength and balance. I continue to be amazed at how strong she is when she's playing on the floor.
She's learning about her pincer grip, although we need quite a bit of practice with that. She's also learning how to poke at things with just her first finger. She's starting to enjoy puffs, we have a few after our solids at night. She would rather I GIVE her the puffs, as in feed them to her, as her getting them into her mouth herself is a tough job yet, but we do a mixture of both. We also practice with the sippy cup. She's found out that if she rubs her new teeth on the stem of the sippy, it squeaks in her mouth.....which absolutely delights her. The look she gets when she's doing it says that she thinks she's pretty darn clever to have discovered it!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Not just one....
We've learned the exersaucer is good for jumping!
Posted by Tandi at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love your self portrait! Glad to see that things are going well. I completely understand about the attitude adjustment that teething brings on. Kylie was crabby for almost a month when she was working on her 1 year molars and I don't think they are even all the way through!
Have fun with the baptism. We hope to see you soon. I know Todd wants to see Metallica in Wisc. so maybe there is a possibility...
We miss you!
Post a Comment